Promised a few people last week this recipe- Sorry I didn’t get it posted earlier:
6tbsp. chopped onion
6c. peeled & cubed butternut squash
4 bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp. marjoram OR tarragon
pepper (just a little here, think of a sprinkle or two)
2c. heavy whipping cream
1. Saute onions in butter until tender
2. Add squash, water, bouillon, herbs & pepper
3. Boil for 20 minutes or until squash is tender
4. Mash the mixture (I use a potato masher, but you can also puree it in a blender or food processor)
5. At this point, you can cool & freeze! I like to freeze half of it since it makes so much
6. Add heavy cream, heat through, but don’t boil
You can also use any kind of winter squash you have on hand- acorn, spaghetti, etc.
Anyone else have any great winter squash recipes? We still have A LOT in the freezer from last harvest. Since I’m starting to plan this years garden, we need to use up all the squash!