I’ve had some requests for my Bacon-Cheddar Cheese Scones.
Beware though, these are quite addictive
4-5 slices bacon, chopped
3 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, cut up
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook bacon & drain
3. Mix flour, baking soda, sugar & salt
4. Cut in butter with pastry blender
5. Mix in cheese & onions- mix until small clumps form
6. Add bacon
7. Add cream until sticky- don’t overmix!
8. Turn on floured surface & pat until it comes together
9. Form 2 circles, about 3/4″ deep
10. Cut into wedges
11. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
Oh! & here’s a pic of Rizzo for you!