Today is Monday, so today I was busy mending and getting some yard work done (it was 65 degrees!!!). While emptying the dishwasher, I noticed our horrible foggy glasses.
Does this happen to anyone else? Does this happen *anywhere* else? *sigh*
No matter what I do to clean the dishwasher, nothing comes out clean.
I was nearly tempted to throw away all our glasses & get a new, matching set from Target. But then I reminded myself that’s not fiscally responsible.
So I soaked them for 1 hour in hot soapy water. Nothing. So I went to the Internet to research how to clean these pesky glasses. After combining several tips, this is what I came up with:
– take a large pot, fill with water (but allow enough water for the displacement of glasses)
– add 1 cup of vinegar (vinegar is a frugal homemakers best friend. We should all store vats of this stuff)
– bring to a boil. I didn’t wait for a rolling boil (not that much patience), but there were small bubbles coming up for about 3-5 minutes
– remove water bath from heat
– using tongs, carefully immerse 2-3 glasses. They should be fully immersed in the water.
– set timer for 20 minutes
– using tongs, remove glasses from bath, hand wash & dry
– repeat until all glasses are clean!
Have any doubts this works?
Here’s a before & after pic:
It doesn’t get any better than that!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone