I’ve debated whether or not to do a recap of my 2011 projects & in the end decided to just do a short list:
– Baby Quilts: 4
– Wall hangings/Table Toppers: 5
– Bed Quilts: 3
– Pin Cushion: 1 (hey, this counts, it’s made of 1-inch hexagons ala English Paper Piecing)
– Knitting: Per Ravelry, 31 projects- this ranges from a dishcloth to socks to shawls
Not too shabby of a list considering I had another job for the 1st three months of the year, went to Texas 3 times, and spent some time at Yellowstone for the great family camping trip.
Now for 2012. I’m usually not a “new year” goal setting kind of person, (I think goals can & should be made at any time of the year) but this year it just seems right. So many other things in my life are now wrapped up & for the first time in who knows how long, I actually *feel* like a new year is starting. So here’s *some* of what I’m thinking for 2012:
– Quilt 12 personal quilts (that’s one a month, should be doable with a little focus)
– Finish about 6 flimsy’s (quilt tops) (This isn’t too strict of a goal, basically I just don’t want to forget about piecing my own quilts)
– Go through “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” & “The Artist’s Way” (Already reading the first book)
– Create 4 (quarterly) challenges for myself, encouraging me to expand my free-form quilting
– Learn a better way to machine applique (Have registered for Craftsy’s “Pictorial Quilting” class which should help me with this)
– Master feathers on the longarm (Have registered for 2 feather classes at MQS just for this!)
I’ve also got some other ideas in my head, but they will need some research before I can say anything 🙂
It’s gonna be a great year!