Crazy May is finally over! Thank goodness! We joked that was the month we could count on 1 hand the number of times I cooked. (Seriously, this is crazy for us! We don’t do this!)
What would be better than to start June off with a great meal?
My sister told me about Food on the Table. It costs a small fee (but I got it free under a special- check- they have more coming up) but you put in your food preferences (protein choices, dietary restrictions, etc) & it comes up with a variety of recipes for dinner. You select them & they pop them into a meal plan with shopping list & they tell you if your local grocery stores has any of those items on sale this week.
To try them out I made their “Black Beans & Pork Chops.” I was impressed how easy the recipe looked, but you still never know.
I can’t wait for lunch tomorrow to have the leftovers!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 pork chops (we did 2 very large bone-in ’cause that’s what was in the freezer)
- (to taste)ground black pepper & salt
- Season pork with some salt & pepper (I always pat my meat dry first)
- Heat oil in skillet & quickly brown the sides
- Add black beans (with liquid) & salsa
- Bring to a boil
- Simmer covered, 20 minutes or so- depending on how thick the chops are
We had these with roasted potatoes & fresh green beans.
I’d say June is starting off on the right foot!
*Note- there’s been some discussion lately on recipe copyrights. I know I break these rules. However, I’m not sure exactly what these rules are. I’m just a wife who’s trying to put a decent meal on the table in the midst of craziness. I like Jamie Oliver’s stance that we’re just trying to share real food with people to encourage everyone to cook good & healthy meals at home.